Friday, December 12, 2008

A little defeated today, a little crushed. Getting by doing even more with drastically less is the forecast for at least the next four months at least. This week’s crowning glory was persons planning a return trip to Canada doomed to inevitable deportation just to try and avoid a cholera outbreak for a month. No way of shining up that turd of a case, but you’ve got to admire their moxie.

I am burned out trying to contribute to hopeless cases this week and I’m back on the imaginary cigarettes while I still have this cough.

There is, however, an odd feeling of togetherness that I’m enjoying with the work folks. Picture angry optimists lying half strangled in a mud puddle shouting at cowardly retreating backs “come back here and say that again, bastard. You just wait until I catch my breath and then we’ll see what’s what. You just wait. I’m just going to lie here a minute.”

2 comments:

SteveU said...

where did the last post go? I was going to contribute to the Christmas songs that don't suck, but...

I hope you are avoiding imaginary medicine to deal with the not-so-imaginary illness. Debauchery is looming and you know I'll expect you to answer the call.

Imaginary Cigarettes said...

xmas songs that don't suck will come up sometime this week. That one was a bit half baked so I removed it.

Debauchery is looming and I shall be on my feet to face it with you, fear not. Still, this cough sucks.